Benefits you can apply for

Attendance Allowance is a tax free benefit for people aged 65 and over who need help with their personal care. There are two rates: a higher weekly rate and a ower weekly rate.  This is NOT means tested.   You can claim by downloading the form from the government web site on or by ringing the Benefit Enquiry Line on 0800 882200.

Also look at Carer’s Allowance. Carer’s Allowance is a benefit to help a person who looks after someone who is disabled. You do not have to be related to, or live with the person you care for.  You can apply online on or get information from the Carers Line on 0808 808 7777.

Disability Living Allowance is a tax free benefit for children and adults under the age of 65, who need help with personal care or have difficulties with walking. You can claim online from or get a claim pack from your local Jobcentre Plus or Social Security Office or by phoning the Benefit Enquiry Line on 0800 882200.

Independent Living Fund. The Independent Living Fund (ILF) is designed to help you, if you are disabled, to live independently at home rather than in residential care. Bespoke Support payments from the fund can be used to employ people to give personal and domestic care in your own home. The maximum amount Bespoke Supportyable is around £455 per week.

Self Funding. As the name implies, this is when you pay. Recommended only when all other options have been tried.

We also suggest you go to the following website Care Aware UK is a non profit making public information, advisory and advocacy service specialising in elderly care funding advice in the UK. Very useful when evaluating your funding options. Also see the rest of our Links.

            This information has been prepared in good faith by Victory SocialCare. However this is a complex matter that is subject to change from time to time. We cannot therefore accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions in this document.

Vertical Menu